Saturday, April 7, 2012

Sydney people are strange

While in Sydney for the last three days, my mother and I stayed with our gay friends, Alan and Phil (sure hope they don't mind me using their names, whatever, they're not gonna read this and there are a million gay guys in Sydney that could be called Alan or Phil).

So Alan and Phil's bathroom was a bit of an eye opener for me, or more so it made me nearly pass out with horror.

Firstly, they have two sinks, but they only use one for sink purposes and use the other as storage; but not even storage of things that if they get wet it doesn't matter, they kept toothbrush chargers and electric razors in the other sink. That seems like the makings for a disaster.

They had two conditioners, but no shampoo, which lead me to believe that they used the bar soap on their hair, this made me shudder.

They had two cleansers, a toner and no moisturiser, which made me think that they either use body lotion on their faces or just don't moisturiser at all. *Shudder*


In their lounge area there were two of those febreeze timer things that go off every hour, except there were two of them, so they went of every 30 mins and every single time they went off, I was like "What the flip was that?!"

Alan and Phil have two dogs, Shadow (named after the Shadow Proclamation in Doctor Who. Cool, right?) and Louis, these dogs aren't allowed in the kitchen, so Alan and Phil have set up a kind of precautionary obstacle course to keep them oit. It contains one mat that makes a noise when you step on it and then another mat after that that gives you a shock if you step on it; there were also mouse trap noise maker thingies along the edge of the counter. Needless to say I shocked and scared myself countless times, I will never forget that lesson though.

They have those hands free Dettol soap dispensers, which are pretty cool, but I don't understand where the sensor is, so sometimes I can get them to work and sometimes I can't, so that made any hand washing experiences a bit exciting and mysterious.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment