Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation review (Spoiler alert: it's awesome)

While I was in Italy I picked up Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation in a chemist. I'd heard lots of really good things about it around the interwebs and was super stoked when I saw it, I thought I'd have to order it online because it's a European brand.

It's a corrective foundation, meaning that because it contains Vichy Thermal Water it will soothe the skin and is full coverage without being thick.


I bought shades 15 Opal and 25 Nude to mix, I use a majority of Opal to a drop of Nude to create the perfect colour for my skin (I'm MAC NC20). The foundation colours blend together really nicely, so it's not difficult to create your own colour. Since there are limited shades I think this is a good compromise.

I use it as a concealer because it is completely full coverage (too much coverage for a full face), it covers my dark circles really well and has a easy to blend consistency.

I apply it with a Sigma P84 Precision Angled brush (my favourite under eye concealer brush of all time), first mixing the colours on the back of my hand and then apply with my fingertips and smoothing with the brush. Then I go over it lightly with a translucent powder to set.

15 Opal


15 Opal and 25 Nude

Mixed

I made my personal record for fastest full face of makeup with this foundation, 3 minutes flat when I had gotten all dressed up for a fancy dinner, but forget to do my makeup with five minutes until we had to leave. It included concealer (Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation - 15 Opal and 25 Nude), mineral foundation (Lily Lolo mineral foundation - Blondie), blush (Benefit Box o' Powder - Dandelion, powder (Mattify - Translucent) and mascara (Lancome Doll Eyes - Waterproof Black). Pretty proud of myself.

Anyway, the foundation is allergy tested (which I don't understand because people can be allergic to anything), tested on sensitive skin, eyes and contact wearers, fragrance free, dermatologist tested, ophthalmologist tested and non-comedogenic.
Take whatever you want from that, they only things that mean anything to me are fragrance free and ophthalmologist tested, the rest would be all down to what the particular tester was sensitive to.

Pros:
- It covers really well
- Inexpensive
- Hasn't irritated my skin or eyes at all
- Able to mix colours to match skin perfectly
- Applies nicely
- Doesn't come in a ridiculous amount that I could never use within the used by time
- Squeeze bottle - my preference for cream/liquid makeup packaging
- Natural looking finish
- Not limited edition

Cons:
- Not available in Australia

So generally this gets a million stars out of five.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellie

    We also do not get this stuff in South Africa :( But my sister is in the UK at the moment and I am wanting her to get me some, but a little tricky getting someone else to get you foundation when you can't test the colour first!

    I am a MAC nc20/nc25 and was wondering if the nude would be a good shade for me? Was also wondering if it has more of a pink or yellow undertone to it as I guess that would also make a difference?

    Have you tried their cream stick at all? The shade Light looks a little too pink toned? Not sure which one would be better to get though, the foundation or the stick...

    ReplyDelete